UK: Molson Coors gives fresh spin to Cobra Beer ad
Cobra Beer achieved strong growth in the UK last year
The 20-second “Cobra Train” spot, which features a new ending, will air until 5 April, Molson Coors said today (12 February). Point-of-sale material will support the ad and it will also be available online in digital media, the company added.
Cobra chairman & founder Lord Karan Bilimoria said: “To realise our ambition of making Cobra a top ten beer brand in the UK, it is vital that we capitalise on our success by keeping Cobra front of mind for consumers, which is why we have invested in a campaign that is having a significant impact on the growth of the brand.”
Molson Coors said Cobra last year achieved a 14% UK on-trade sales increase and a 20% on-trade volumes increase year-on-year. At the same, UK off-trade sales jumped by 16% rise and volumes were up by 18%, the company said.
The Cobra Train ad, which can be viewed below, was first launched 12 months ago as part of a GBP4m (US$6.3m) UK advertising drive.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020