UK: Molson Coors gives fresh spin to Cobra Beer ad
Cobra Beer achieved strong growth in the UK last year
The 20-second “Cobra Train” spot, which features a new ending, will air until 5 April, Molson Coors said today (12 February). Point-of-sale material will support the ad and it will also be available online in digital media, the company added.
Cobra chairman & founder Lord Karan Bilimoria said: “To realise our ambition of making Cobra a top ten beer brand in the UK, it is vital that we capitalise on our success by keeping Cobra front of mind for consumers, which is why we have invested in a campaign that is having a significant impact on the growth of the brand.”
Molson Coors said Cobra last year achieved a 14% UK on-trade sales increase and a 20% on-trade volumes increase year-on-year. At the same, UK off-trade sales jumped by 16% rise and volumes were up by 18%, the company said.
The Cobra Train ad, which can be viewed below, was first launched 12 months ago as part of a GBP4m (US$6.3m) UK advertising drive.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research