UK: Molson Coors gives fresh spin to Cobra Beer ad
Cobra Beer achieved strong growth in the UK last year
The 20-second “Cobra Train” spot, which features a new ending, will air until 5 April, Molson Coors said today (12 February). Point-of-sale material will support the ad and it will also be available online in digital media, the company added.
Cobra chairman & founder Lord Karan Bilimoria said: “To realise our ambition of making Cobra a top ten beer brand in the UK, it is vital that we capitalise on our success by keeping Cobra front of mind for consumers, which is why we have invested in a campaign that is having a significant impact on the growth of the brand.”
Molson Coors said Cobra last year achieved a 14% UK on-trade sales increase and a 20% on-trade volumes increase year-on-year. At the same, UK off-trade sales jumped by 16% rise and volumes were up by 18%, the company said.
The Cobra Train ad, which can be viewed below, was first launched 12 months ago as part of a GBP4m (US$6.3m) UK advertising drive.
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research