UK: Molson Coors expands Carling Fruit Coolers off-trade launch
Carling Fruit Coolers were tested in Asda last June
Molson Coors has rolled out Carling Fruit Coolers to the UK off-trade after a trial last year.
The 2% abv fruit juice and lager blends are now on shelves in off-trade channels nation-wide, Molson said earlier today (25 June). The expanded launch follows a test run in Asda supermarkets last June that was “incredibly popular”, the brewer said.
There are currently no plans to sell Carling Fruit Coolers in the on-trade, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
The roll-out deepens Molson's flavoured lager portfolio in the UK. The company launched Carling Zest in March 2012 and has since added to the range with limited-edition and permanent flavours including Carling Zest Red Berries this month.
Molson describes Carling Zest as beer with “a hint of fruit” whereas Carling Fruit Coolers are a blend of fruit juice and lager targetted at rosé wine and fruit ciders drinkers.
Carling Fruit Coolers come in lemon and grapefruit flavours in 4 x 30cl packs.
Heineken has launched its first above-the-line marketing campaign in the UK for Symonds Founder's Reserve Cider, as part of a GBP2m (US$3.15m) push for the brand. ...
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends