US: Molson Coors created high-end dedicated unit - report
Molson Coors Brewing Co. has formed a new unit to focus on developing high-end beers in the US, according to reports.
A piece in yesterday's (29 August) Wall Street Journal claimed that AC Golden Brewing Co. told beer wholesalers in the US last week that it will "introduce above-premium beers to the market-place".
The creation of AC Golden Brewing comes at a time when the mainstream beer categories in the US are slowing, while 'craft beer' and imported brands are enjoying comparatively good success in the country.
The new unit will be headed up by industry veteran Glenn Knippenberg, the journal claimed.
No-one at Molson Coors was available to confirm the report when contacted by just-drinks today.
Trade body The Global Alcohol Producers Group (GAPG) paid US$240,000 to a lobbying firm in the US last year, according to a recent filing....
US-Canadian brewer Molson Coors has announced the purchase price and results of the tender offer by its subsidiary, Coors Brewing Company, to purchase any and all of its 6.375% Senior Notes due 2012....
US-Canadian brewing force Molson Coors has declared a quarterly dividend of US$0.16 per share, which will be payable on 17 March, 2008 to shareholders of record on 29 February, 2008....
SABMiller has said that it is unlikely that the headquarters of its proposed US joint venture with Molson Coors will be in either Denver or Milwaukee, despite having "a significant presence in both" l...
Molson Coors Brewing Company has posted a lift in sales and profits for 2007, having "delivered on the promise" of the merger between Molson and Coors in 2005....
Coors Brewing Company is looking to purchase its 2012 senior notes....
Coors Brewing Co. has signed a four-year covenant with the National Black Economic Development Coalition (NBEDC) to "reaffirm its commitment to the African-American community"....
Coors Brewers has confirmed the launch of two additions to the Grolsch portfolio of beers in the UK....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World