UK: Molson Coors' Carling Zest goes on tap
Carling Zest is marketed as an alternative to cider or light wine
The UK division of Molson Coors has today (23 May) launched its lower-alcohol Carling Zest brand into the country's on-trade.
The 2.8% abv citrus-flavoured summer-rollout went on sale in the off-trade and in the on-trade in bottles in March. It will now be available in independent UK pubs and restaurants and those within the M&B estate until the end of September.
A GBP2m (US$3.15m) marketing campaign backs the launch, including point-of-sale materials and Carling Zest branded fonts, plaques and glassware.
The beer is positioned as a summer alternative to rose wine and cider for male and female drinkers.
A spokesman for Carling Zest told just-drinks there are no plans to launch the drink in other markets. In North America, Molson Coors has launched the 4%abv Coors Light Iced T to capture the summer drinks market.
Carling Zest joins Carling C2 in Molson Coors' lower-alcohol beer portfolio in the UK.
As macroeconomic volatility, the mature versus emerging market narrative, the craft revolution coming of age and shifting demographics all radically reshape the alcoholic drinks battleground, innovati...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018