UK: Molson Coors' Carling Zest goes on tap
Carling Zest is marketed as an alternative to cider or light wine
The UK division of Molson Coors has today (23 May) launched its lower-alcohol Carling Zest brand into the country's on-trade.
The 2.8% abv citrus-flavoured summer-rollout went on sale in the off-trade and in the on-trade in bottles in March. It will now be available in independent UK pubs and restaurants and those within the M&B estate until the end of September.
A GBP2m (US$3.15m) marketing campaign backs the launch, including point-of-sale materials and Carling Zest branded fonts, plaques and glassware.
The beer is positioned as a summer alternative to rose wine and cider for male and female drinkers.
A spokesman for Carling Zest told just-drinks there are no plans to launch the drink in other markets. In North America, Molson Coors has launched the 4%abv Coors Light Iced T to capture the summer drinks market.
Carling Zest joins Carling C2 in Molson Coors' lower-alcohol beer portfolio in the UK.
As macroeconomic volatility, the mature versus emerging market narrative, the craft revolution coming of age and shifting demographics all radically reshape the alcoholic drinks battleground, innovati...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research