Product Launch - UK: Molson Coors' Carling British Cider - Cherry
Click through to view Molson Coors' Carling British Cider - Cherry
Molson Coors' Carling British Cider - Cherry
Category - Cider, flavoured, 4% abv
Available - From today (26 March)
Location - UK, off-trade
Price - RRP of GBP2.15 (US$3.55) per 50cl bottle. Also available in a six-pack for GBP12
Distribution – Molson Coors
Molson Coors has lined up the launch of a flavoured extension of its Carling British Cider brand. The Cherry variant, joins the original apple version, which was launched early last year.
The roll-out will be backed by a GBP4m advertising push, led by a television advert that will run from 4 April.
Late last year, Molson Coors successfully defended itself against a charge of misleading consumers about the origins of Carling British Cider.
Britain’s biggest brewer, Molson Coors, is launching Carling British Cider - Cherry, a flavoured version of its original award-winning Carling British Cider, launched last year. Available in the off-trade only, Carling British Cider - Cherry is 4% ABV and will be available in 500ml bottles, as singles or packs of six.
Jim Shearer, Brand Director, Carling at Molson Coors UK said: “The success of Carling British Cider among retailers has been fantastic. In response to customer demand, we are excited to launch Carling British Cider - Cherry to our off trade customers. We researched several different new flavours and Cherry got a unanimous thumbs-up for its vibrant colour and fresh crisp taste with a burst of sweetness, perfect for summer. We look forward to continuing to innovate in the cider market, which we believe offers superb opportunity for growth.”
The new flavour will be supported alongside original Carling British Cider in a £4M advertising campaign including TV, outdoor and digital, starting with the TV ad from the 4th April. In addition to the advertising, Carling British Cider will be supported with a national sampling campaign, building on the success of a similar campaign in 2013 where over 1m consumers were sampled.
The original Carling British Cider launched exclusively in the off-trade in March 2013 and won a prestigious gold medal at the International Brewing Awards 2013. Carling British Cider – Cherry, with a recommended retail price of £2.15p for a single 500ml bottle and £12 for a pack of six, is set to continue this precedent for great tasting and refreshing ciders.
Original source: Company Release
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been comp...
The 2012 acquisition of StarBev raised Molson Coors from ninth to seventh in the global beer market and significantly expanded its international coverage. This profile analyses the opportunities deriv...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research