Product Launch - UK: Molson Coors' Carling British Cider - Cherry
Click through to view Molson Coors' Carling British Cider - Cherry
Molson Coors' Carling British Cider - Cherry
Category - Cider, flavoured, 4% abv
Available - From today (26 March)
Location - UK, off-trade
Price - RRP of GBP2.15 (US$3.55) per 50cl bottle. Also available in a six-pack for GBP12
Distribution – Molson Coors
Molson Coors has lined up the launch of a flavoured extension of its Carling British Cider brand. The Cherry variant, joins the original apple version, which was launched early last year.
The roll-out will be backed by a GBP4m advertising push, led by a television advert that will run from 4 April.
Late last year, Molson Coors successfully defended itself against a charge of misleading consumers about the origins of Carling British Cider.
Britain’s biggest brewer, Molson Coors, is launching Carling British Cider - Cherry, a flavoured version of its original award-winning Carling British Cider, launched last year. Available in the off-trade only, Carling British Cider - Cherry is 4% ABV and will be available in 500ml bottles, as singles or packs of six.
Jim Shearer, Brand Director, Carling at Molson Coors UK said: “The success of Carling British Cider among retailers has been fantastic. In response to customer demand, we are excited to launch Carling British Cider - Cherry to our off trade customers. We researched several different new flavours and Cherry got a unanimous thumbs-up for its vibrant colour and fresh crisp taste with a burst of sweetness, perfect for summer. We look forward to continuing to innovate in the cider market, which we believe offers superb opportunity for growth.”
The new flavour will be supported alongside original Carling British Cider in a £4M advertising campaign including TV, outdoor and digital, starting with the TV ad from the 4th April. In addition to the advertising, Carling British Cider will be supported with a national sampling campaign, building on the success of a similar campaign in 2013 where over 1m consumers were sampled.
The original Carling British Cider launched exclusively in the off-trade in March 2013 and won a prestigious gold medal at the International Brewing Awards 2013. Carling British Cider – Cherry, with a recommended retail price of £2.15p for a single 500ml bottle and £12 for a pack of six, is set to continue this precedent for great tasting and refreshing ciders.
Original source: Company Release
Global beer market volume sales in 2014 were forecast to grow by 2%, according to Euromonitor International, primarily driven by the top five global brewers, which account for 48% of global sales....
Molson Coors Brewing Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ser...
Molson Coors Brewing Co has one of the narrowest geographic breadths among the top global brewers and a limited premium portfolio. If the Canadian-American brewer wants to compete on the world brewing...
Beer in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains de...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research