UK: Molson Coors, Bibendum sign trading deal
Molson Coors (UK) and Bibendum have announced a trading deal that will see Bibendum products added to Molson's One Stop Shop Service in the UK.
Miller Fitzgerald, trading director for Molson Coors (UK) said: "We have been in discussions with Bibendum for several months and throughout the process we have been most impressed by the quality and value of their range; their extensive category knowledge, and their great passion for wines.
"Our customers have been asking us to provide more choice in the wines we can supply, and Bibendum's expertise and advice will help us to better meet customers' needs and expectations from a national drinks distributor such as Molson Coors (UK)."
"This is a very exciting opportunity for us" said Matt Douglas, commercial director at Bibendum. "Supplying a company the size of Molson Coors (UK) gives Bibendum the opportunity to gain distribution for our wines in many more on-trade customers across the UK. We look forward to a long and successful relationship".
In addition to the range of wines, Bibendum will also provide Molson Coors (UK) with category advice and training packages.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video