CANADA: Molson Coors beefs up international arm
Molson Coors has injected some fresh impetus into its international brewing business, via three executive appointments.
Molson Coors said today (24 August) that it has appointed a new chief marketing officer, a new supply chain chief and a general counsel to its international beer business. The appointments highlight the brewer's ambition for the division, as it seeks to reduce exposure to sluggish beer demand in North America and the UK.
Torsten Kuenzlen, formerly president director of Coca-Cola Co’s Indonesia region, has joined as Molson Coors International's (MCI) new chief marketing officer. Lee Reichert, formerly a partner with Lathrop & Gage LLP, has joined as general counsel. Meanwhile, Celso White, formerly VP and general manager of PepsiCo's concentrate business in the Americas, has joined as MCI's chief supply chain officer.
"At Molson Coors, we are committed to accelerating our expansion into new markets and building up our capabilities," said MCI president, Kandy Anand. A spokesperson for Molson Coors told just-drinks that the three roles are new, "as this is a young, but growing business within Molson Coors".
[Story updated at 15:30 BST on 25/08/2011 to include comment from Molson Coors spokesperson]
PepsiCo has fired its expected salvo of job cuts and investment promises, but confidence cannot be rebuilt in a day....
MillerCoors has reported a dip in full-year sales and profits amid weak consumer demand for big beer brands, but a fourth-quarter gain offered some grounds for optimism....
Molson Coors has reported a drop in full-year profits, despite higher beer sales....
The Coca-Cola Co has previewed a television advert that forms part of its 2012 Olympic Games campaign....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020