UK: Molson Coors appoints new UK & Ireland MD
Coors has appointed a new MD for the UK & Ireland
Molson Coors has appointed a new managing director for its UK & Ireland division, which is set to merge with the brewer's Central Europe unit.
Simon Cox, formerly Coors' MD for the independent on-trade and wholesale, takes up the post with immediate effect, the brewer said today (3 October). It comes after Coors announced on Monday it has formed a new unit - Molson Coors Europe - following its acquisition of Staropramen brewer StarBev in June.
Molson Coors Europe will see Molson Coors Central Europe, the name given to the former StarBev operations, merge with Molson Coors UK & Ireland. The UK & Ireland division will retain its offices in Burton-on-Trent.
Cox joined Coors in 2005 as director of supply chain strategy and was appointed to the group's UK & Ireland board as strategy director in 2008. He also led the creation of the Cobra Beer partnership and the acquisition of Sharp’s Brewery.
As UK & Ireland MD, Cox also joins the executive committee of Molson Coors Europe, led by CEO Mark Hunter.
“Simon has been instrumental in strengthening Molson Coors’ portfolio and customer-orientation in the UK and Ireland in recent years and has the right balance of experience and determination to win that we need to see beer get back on the front foot in this crucial market," said Hunter.
Stewart Glendinning, previously CEO of Coors' UK & Ireland business, will move to his new role at the helm of Molson Coors Canada, replacing Dave Perkins who retires at the end of this year.
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at the efforts of the brewing world in the environmental sustainability arena, considers the work of Heineken, Molson Coors a...
This month, Larry Nelson is starting the celebration of the Reinheitsgebot a little early. Looking back, however, has prompted Larry to look forward and ask; what future for the ancient beer law?...
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research