EUROPE: Molson Coors appoints Europe CEO
Simon Cox will take the role of Molson Coors' Europe chief from January
Molson Coors has appointed a new CEO for its Europe business, to replace Mark Hunter.
Simon Cox, currently MD of the group's UK and Ireland unit, will take the role from January. Mark Hunter is stepping up to take the post of Molson Coors' group CEO when Peter Swinburn retires at the end of the year.
Cox, a qualified master brewer, joined Molson Coors in 2005 as the group's UK supply chain strategy director, before taking over the UK & Ireland business in 2012.
Prior to that he held a variety of roles with Carlsberg, where he began his career in 1994.
Hunter said: "Under his leadership (Cox's), the UK business has seen consistent strong performance improvement over the past two years, and his extensive international experience makes him especially well-suited for this pan-European role.”
Asked if Cox was being replaced as UK and Ireland MD, a Molson Coors spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks there is a "process" in place for naming a successor.
In the group's half-year results, Molson Coors saw "strong growth" in the UK offset problems in Eastern European countries. Overall volumes in Europe fell 1.3%, but pre-tax profits rose 13.8%, helped by cost-savings and "positive geographic mix".
Molson Coors Brewing Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ser...
Molson Coors Brewing Co has one of the narrowest geographic breadths among the top global brewers and a limited premium portfolio. If the Canadian-American brewer wants to compete on the world brewing...
Beer in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains de...
Beverages in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contai...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research