US/CANADA: Molson Coors announces legal team promotions
Molson Coors has confirmed a brace of appointments to its legal team.
The North American brewer, which appointed a new president for its international unit last week, said yesterday (3 November) that Sherri Heckel Kuhlmann has been promoted to chief compliance officer of the company. Mike Abbass, meanwhile, is taking on the new role of vice president and general counsel for Molson Coors International.
Kuhlmann joined Molson Coors earlier this year from Holme Roberts & Owen, where she specialised in business and employment law and provided employment counsel to Molson Coors and Coors Brewing Company. In addition to her new role, Kuhlmann will continue to serve as deputy general counsel, focusing on legal issue and litigation management, supply chain, real estate, water rights and employee relations and benefits.
Abbass has been with the brewer for eight years as an international tax analyst and has been a member of the legal team for six years. During his tenure, Abbass has provided legal counsel on a range of business initiatives, including the MillerCoors joint venture transaction, as well as the company's entry into new markets in Asia, Latin America and Europe.
The British Beer and Pub Association has said it remains opposed to minimum pricing on alcohol, despite several of its members voicing support for the policy....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends