CANADA: Molson completes Brazilian beer acquisition
Molson Inc. has completed its previously announced purchase of Bavaria, one of Brazil's leading beer brands, from Companhia de Bebidas das Américas (AmBev). The sale received Brazilian regulatory authority approval December 13, 2000. "With the completion of this transaction, we are well into phase one of our international strategy, which is to successfully enter two of the top five global beer markets," said Daniel J. O'Neill, president and chief executive officer of Molson. "Our profitable growth strategy is extending from our core strategic brands and limited regional growth in Canada, to the US import market, and now internationally into high growth markets such as Brazil."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report