CANADA: Molson completes Brazilian beer acquisition
Molson Inc. has completed its previously announced purchase of Bavaria, one of Brazil's leading beer brands, from Companhia de Bebidas das Américas (AmBev). The sale received Brazilian regulatory authority approval December 13, 2000. "With the completion of this transaction, we are well into phase one of our international strategy, which is to successfully enter two of the top five global beer markets," said Daniel J. O'Neill, president and chief executive officer of Molson. "Our profitable growth strategy is extending from our core strategic brands and limited regional growth in Canada, to the US import market, and now internationally into high growth markets such as Brazil."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends