CANADA: Molson completes Brazilian beer acquisition
Molson Inc. has completed its previously announced purchase of Bavaria, one of Brazil's leading beer brands, from Companhia de Bebidas das Américas (AmBev). The sale received Brazilian regulatory authority approval December 13, 2000. "With the completion of this transaction, we are well into phase one of our international strategy, which is to successfully enter two of the top five global beer markets," said Daniel J. O'Neill, president and chief executive officer of Molson. "Our profitable growth strategy is extending from our core strategic brands and limited regional growth in Canada, to the US import market, and now internationally into high growth markets such as Brazil."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks