CANADA: Molsen announces profits to shareholders
The brewery claimed that as a result, its share price has increased by 88%, which it says is higher than any other major brewer worldwide. Molson's revenue went up 5% with beer volume rising 2.6%.
The Montreal-based company is seeking to divide its stocks 2 for 1, increasing the number of shares from 60m to about 120m, making them more accessible to a broader base of investors.
Eric Molson, chairman of the brewery, said: "Mission accomplished. We are once again a brewing pure play."
Last year, Molson bought back its brands US rights from Miller and Fosters for CAN$133m, then struck a deal with Coors Brewing Company selling a 49.9% stake in the rights for CAN$65m.
In December of last year, Molson bought Brazil's fourth largest brand, Bavaria, for CAN$98m. Daniel O'Neill, Molson's president and CEO, said that the company now ranks as the 20th largest brewer in the world and hinted that it has its eye on acquisitions in western Europe or the Americas.
First quarter losses announced last week by Molson Coors are wider than originally reported, according to a recent filing....
Molson Coors Brewing Company disappointed investors yesterday by reporting a net loss for the first quarter of 2005. The company said that it had achieved higher consolidated net sales and sales volum...
Molson Coors Brewing Company said yesterday that Daniel J. O'Neill, Vice-chairman, synergies and integration and formerly president and CEO of Molson Inc, has chosen to leave the company May 31 of thi...
Heineken has its eyes on possible acquisitions in Latin America, according to the company's CEO....
Molson Canada has announced it has acquired Ontario microbrewery Creemore Springs Brewery Ltd. Established in 1987, the brewery in Creemore, Ontario, 120 kilometres northwest of Toronto, employs 50 pe...
Peter M. R. Kendall, chief executive officer of Coors Brewers Limited, the European business unit of Molson Coors Brewing Company, will retire from his post on 1 May....
Molson Coors has appointed a new chief commercial officer for Molson Canada....
Molson Coors has appointed a new chief legal officer....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research