USA: Moldovan producer cements market leading position
"The acquisition took place in order to meet demand for the company's wine products," a statement said.
Constantin Jitaru, president of Asconi, said: "The acquisition of SA Fabrica de vinuri din Puhoi has allowed us to increase our wine output, storage capacity and product offerings. Puhoi has a large production capacity of 10,000 tons and can currently store over 3.3 million gallons of wine."
Jitaru continued: "We are also excited because the acquisition of Puhoi has allowed Asconi to expand our product offerings. We are currently marketing and selling Puhoi brands, such as Traminer of Puhoi, Pinot of Puhoi and DOC."
Puhoi has operated under a lease agreement prior to the date of acquisition.
About Asconi Corporation
Asconi, has well over 200 products and controls over 10% of the market for Moldovan wines imported into Russia.
Asconi Corporation has sold approximately 806,500 equivalent cases of wine during the three months ended September 30, 2005....
Asconi Corporation has unveiled its new trading symbol....
Asconi's delisting from the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) is pending after the company was refused the right of appeal....
Asconi Corporation has said that it has received notice from the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) that its securities have been delisted from the exchange because of non-compliance....
Net income for the second quarter at Asconi Corp. fell from around US$400,000 to US$300,000, the US-based Eastern European wines and spirits producer has announced....
Asconi Corporation said yesterday (30 August) that the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) had notified the company that it was not in compliance with requirements for a continued listing under the AMEX Ru...
A US Department of Commerce (DOC) ruling is levying hefty retaliatory tariffs on several Brazilian juice companies....
The CEO of Asconi Corp has resigned....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014