UK: Moet Hennessy's Glenmorangie Co president takes temporary leave
The head of Moet Hennessy's Glenmorangie Co is taking time out
Moet Hennessy has confirmed that the head of its Glenmorangie Co division has stepped down from the role.
The company, which acquired Scotch whisky producer Glenmorangie in 2004 for around GBP300m, said earlier today (24 September): "In full agreement with The Glenmorangie Co and with its support, Paul Skipworth has decided to take a leave of absence for personal reasons." Skipworth became president & MD of Glenmorangie Co in 2011. He remains with the company despite vacating the post.
Skipworth, a former British Army officer, joined Moet Hennessy in 2003, initially as regional director for Asia Pacific. He moved to Glenmorangie in 2009 to become COO.
While no further details were immediately available, a spokesperson for Moet Hennessy said that Marc Hoellinger, the marketing strategy director for Moët Hennessy's wine and spirits business, will fill in for Skipworth until his return. Hoellinger was Glenmorangie's marketing and communications director before moving to his most recent post, also in 2011.
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research