UK: Moet Hennessy's Glenmorangie Co president takes temporary leave
The head of Moet Hennessy's Glenmorangie Co is taking time out
Moet Hennessy has confirmed that the head of its Glenmorangie Co division has stepped down from the role.
The company, which acquired Scotch whisky producer Glenmorangie in 2004 for around GBP300m, said earlier today (24 September): "In full agreement with The Glenmorangie Co and with its support, Paul Skipworth has decided to take a leave of absence for personal reasons." Skipworth became president & MD of Glenmorangie Co in 2011. He remains with the company despite vacating the post.
Skipworth, a former British Army officer, joined Moet Hennessy in 2003, initially as regional director for Asia Pacific. He moved to Glenmorangie in 2009 to become COO.
While no further details were immediately available, a spokesperson for Moet Hennessy said that Marc Hoellinger, the marketing strategy director for Moët Hennessy's wine and spirits business, will fill in for Skipworth until his return. Hoellinger was Glenmorangie's marketing and communications director before moving to his most recent post, also in 2011.
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages