Product Launch - UK: Moet Hennessy's Chandon
Click through to view Moet Hennessy's Chandon Rose
Moët Hennessy's Chandon
Category - Wine, sparkling, Argentina, Brut and Rosé, both 13% abv
Available - From 1 May
Location - UK, in off-trade at Majestic Wine Warehouse and “leading” independent retailers, in on-trade at Gaucho restaurants and Mitchells & Butlers outlets
Price - RRSP of GBP14.99 (US$25) for Brut, GBP15.99 for Rosé
Distribution - Moet Hennessy UK
Moët Hennessy has lined up the UK launch of an Argentine sparkling wine brand, Chandon. The range comprises a Brut, which is a blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, and a Rosé, which is a blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Malbec.
“There is a current gap in the (UK) market for sparkling wines at this price point: above Prosecco but below entry-point Champagnes,” said a spokesperson for Moët Hennessy.
Chandon will sit within the Estates and Wines portfolio of Moët Hennessy.
Moët Hennessy is set to launch Chandon – a sparkling Argentine wine – in the U.K. Chandon will be positioned in the Estates & Wines division of the company, with availability from 1 May. There will be two wines produced under the Chandon label; the Brut, which is a blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, and a Rosé, which is a blend of Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and a hint of Malbec.
Both wines are produced using the méthode traditionelle, with a dosage of 6g/l. The winemaking team behind Chandon includes Chef de Cave, Onofre Arcos and Senior Winemaker, Gustavo Sanchez.
The rationale for the selection of Argentina, beyond the quality of the wine, is the sense of history. Chandon Argentina was not only Moët & Chandon’s first vineyard holding outside France, but also the first European wine producer ever to venture into the New World. The company recognised both the potential of Argentina to produce world class sparkling wine, as well as the burgeoning demand for sparkling wine in key markets back in 1959 when Chandon Argentina was first established.
The sparkling wine category in the UK is reaching an all-time high in terms of volume, with premium sparkling wine growing at the fastest rate within this category. As the sparkling wine category is currently country–led, there is an opportunity to create a premium sparkling wine brand more commonly found in other Moët Hennessy is committed to creating a leading brand in the U.K for the premium sparkling category.
For year one (2014), consumer marketing will focus on conveying the lifestyle of the brand, which fits with the image of a vibrant, youthful Argentine social season: outdoors, chic and relaxed.
U.K. listings for Chandon are already in place: in the Off Trade Chandon will be listed at Majestic and leading Independent Retailers. In terms of the On trade, listings have been established with Gaucho, through its 19 restaurants, the new Mitchells and Butlers 125 Premium Country Pubs and other leading on trade. RRSPs are £14.99 for the Brut and £15.99 for the Rosé.
Chandon, owned by Moët Hennessy, within its Estates and Wines portfolio
Original source: Company Release
New, unique analysis of the online sales of beer, wines and spirits (“BWS”) in the UK market, based on actual ePOS data from 11 leading online retailers. No modelling, no guesswork....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research