Moet Hennessy USA confirms future with Southern Wine & Spirits
Southern Wine & Spirits of America is set to merge with Glazer's later this year
The US division of Moet Hennessy has renewed its exclusive distribution agreement in 11 open states with Southern Wine & Spirits of America.
The wine and spirits producer said today that it would continue long-term distribution arrangements in Alaska, California, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Nevada, Oregon (for wine only), South Carolina and Washington. The two companies will also continue their ongoing brokerage relationships in 17 control markets.
Jim Clerkin, president & CEO of Moet Hennessy North America said as part of the deal, the company has "agreed to invest in additional resources and infrastructure to fuel accelerated growth for the Moet Hennessy portfolio in the US".
Earlier this month, Southern Wine & Spirits Of America said it is to merge with Glazer's, to create the largest North American wine and spirits distribution company. The deal, to create Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits is expected to complete in the second quarter.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Stock Spirits, Distell add UK to partnership
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts