FRANCE: Moet Hennessy to build second Cognac bottling site
Moet Hennessy is investing in increasing its operations in Cognac, France
Moet Hennessy is set to build a new bottling plant for its Hennessy Cognac brand after acquiring a 30-hectare plot of land on the outskirts of Cognac.
The company, which is part of the French, luxury brands group, LVMH, confirmed to just-drinks last week that the purchase is a result of its inability to expand its existing facilities in the suburbs of Cognac. The facility is scheduled to begin operations in 2016-2017.
The company did not disclose financial details behind the acquisition.
"A couple of years ago, we announced plans to increase annual output from 5m 12X70cl cases (in 2010) to 10m cases by 2025-2030,” a spokesperson for Moet Hennessy told just-drinks. “The land acquisition is one of the first stages in this project taking shape.”
At the end of last year, a new EUR10m (US$12.9m) fully-automated packaging line entered service at Hennessy's existing Cognac base.
As well as the packaging line and the bottling plant, Moet Hennessy said it will also invest in increasing its storage facilities in the region.
Last month, Moet Hennessy posted a marked slowdown in its sales during the first three months of the year.
LVMH owns the world’s two leading champagne brands: Moët & Chandon and Veuve Clicquot. The champagne market’s outlook however is modest with its largest market Western Europe not feeling the desire to...
Tamayo & Cía will continue maintaining its leadership in the importation, distribution and marketing of domestic and imported prestige brands, especially in wine. In addition, the company will be focu...
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
Diageo's Johnnie Walker Scotch whisky brand strengthened its hold on the global Travel Retail market last year, increasing volumes by 15%, new figures have shown....
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets