FRANCE: Moet Hennessy secures major market rights to two super-premium vodkas
Moet Hennessy, the French luxury goods company, has secured the rights to distribute two of the world's most lucrative premium vodkas, Chopin and Belvedere in major markets outside North America.
just-drinks.com was told by a spokeswoman for Polmos Sieldlce, the Polish company that produces the Chopin vodka, that the deal was signed earlier today. But a she was unable to confirm when sales through Moet Hennessy would begin and couldn't comment further on the deal.
Belvedere vodka is produced by Polmos Zyrardow.
According to other Polish sources the deal has been signed in conjunction with the US's Millennium Import company who have been selling the brands in the US for over four years now.
Moët Hennessy will not be responsible for the distribution of Belvedere or Chopin in the US, Canada or Mexico - this will remain the responsibility of Millennium Import Company.
Current US sales are in the region of 2.5 million bottles, more than 50% of the super-premium vodka market, at a retail price of around $30 a bottle.
Moet Hennessy would only say that: "Under the leadership of Edward Phillips, chairman and CEO of Phillips Beverage Company, the Millennium team has developed these exciting luxury vodkas in North America. In other major markets, Moet Hennessy will build Belvedere and Chopin along with our unique portfolio of leading luxury brands."
The company would not comment further on the deal.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends