UK: Moet Hennessy rolls out illuminated Belvedere in UK
Click through to view Belvedere's illuminated bottle
The unit, which posted a healthy set of full-year results for 2012 earlier this year, said earlier this week that the 175cl bottle, pictured right, will target the high-end on-trade in the country. Released this month, the 175cl size variant will feature a single-use LED in waterproof plastic that will light up the bottle when switched on.
Although the bottle will also be available at selected off-trade outlets, retailing at around GBP84.99 (US$130.50), Moet Hennessy hopes the move will “strengthen Belvedere’s presence in the nightclub sector”.
The illuminated design was previously only available on bottle sizes three-litre and above.
Is there a brand that has exerted a more profound influence on a drinks category than Absolut Vodka? Ben Cooper doubts it....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits