UK: Moet Hennessy rolls out illuminated Belvedere in UK
Click through to view Belvedere's illuminated bottle
The unit, which posted a healthy set of full-year results for 2012 earlier this year, said earlier this week that the 175cl bottle, pictured right, will target the high-end on-trade in the country. Released this month, the 175cl size variant will feature a single-use LED in waterproof plastic that will light up the bottle when switched on.
Although the bottle will also be available at selected off-trade outlets, retailing at around GBP84.99 (US$130.50), Moet Hennessy hopes the move will “strengthen Belvedere’s presence in the nightclub sector”.
The illuminated design was previously only available on bottle sizes three-litre and above.
Is there a brand that has exerted a more profound influence on a drinks category than Absolut Vodka? Ben Cooper doubts it....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research