UK: Moet Hennessy rolls out illuminated Belvedere in UK
Click through to view Belvedere's illuminated bottle
The unit, which posted a healthy set of full-year results for 2012 earlier this year, said earlier this week that the 175cl bottle, pictured right, will target the high-end on-trade in the country. Released this month, the 175cl size variant will feature a single-use LED in waterproof plastic that will light up the bottle when switched on.
Although the bottle will also be available at selected off-trade outlets, retailing at around GBP84.99 (US$130.50), Moet Hennessy hopes the move will “strengthen Belvedere’s presence in the nightclub sector”.
The illuminated design was previously only available on bottle sizes three-litre and above.
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
Is there a brand that has exerted a more profound influence on a drinks category than Absolut Vodka? Ben Cooper doubts it....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head