UK: "Modest" Q1 expected for SABMiller - analyst
A "modest" Q1 is being predicted for SABMiller
SABMiller is expected to report "modest" Q1 figures next week due to constrained production in Africa and challenges in Europe, an analyst has predicted.
In a note published earlier today (17 July), Investec said the group faces the "toughest" of the quarterly prior year comparatives, where volumes were up 5% in last year's Q1. "With production constraints flagged in Africa, and a challenged European consumer, we forecast 2% organic group lager volumes, and 4% organic revenue growth," the note said.
Investec also predicts that last month's tie-up between Grupo Modelo and Anheuser-Busch InBev rules out any prospective bid for SABMiller by A-B InBev "in the next 12 months".
The analyst also said it was moving its recommendation to 'Hold'. "Though we remain supporters of the medium-term growth narrative, we view this as an appropriate point to move to the side-lines," the note said.
"With the shares at an all-time high, and a modest Q1 in prospect, as well as on-going FX headwinds and an ABI/Modelo deal which could remove short term bid speculation, we move to 'Hold'."
SABMiller is due to report Q1 figures next Thursday (26 July).
Last year, just-drinks travelled to the US to report on Diageo's investor conference. The subject of the presentations was the company's hopes and plans for the Latin America & Caribbean region. While...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future