MEXICO: Modelo toasts buoyant sales as earnings rise
Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo has reported a 6% rise in fourth-quarter profits thanks to rising sales at home and abroad.
Modelo, producer of Corona beer, said yesterday (26 February) that operating profit for the three months to 31 December reached MXN3.4bn (US$306m). Sales rose almost 10% to MXN13.9bn. Domestic sales rose 4.4% while exports soared by almost 22%.
US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch owns a 50% stake in Modelo, which also produces brands including Modelo Especial and Negra Modelo.
Crown Imports, a venture between Modelo and Constellation Brands distribute its brands in the US, the Mexican brewer's largest export market.
Given how many times the position of chief executive of Constellation Europe has changed hands recently, and the problems the company has faced in the crucial UK market, the more cynical observers mig...
Anheuser-Busch has taken on the distribution and marketing of BORBA's drinkable skincare line across the US and around the world....
Echo Falls has introduced two additions to its portfolio in the UK....
The chief legal officers from 29 states have united to condemn alcoholic energy drinks....
Crown Imports has promoted its vice president of national accounts to the position of senior vice president....
Anheuser-Busch has quashed rumours that it has plans to build a second brewery in India....
E&J Gallo has switched distributors in Sweden....
China's leading beer producer Tsingtao Brewery is planning to increase its production capacity by 1m tons by the end of 2007, according to local reports....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends