MEXICO: Modelo toasts buoyant sales as earnings rise
Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo has reported a 6% rise in fourth-quarter profits thanks to rising sales at home and abroad.
Modelo, producer of Corona beer, said yesterday (26 February) that operating profit for the three months to 31 December reached MXN3.4bn (US$306m). Sales rose almost 10% to MXN13.9bn. Domestic sales rose 4.4% while exports soared by almost 22%.
US brewing giant Anheuser-Busch owns a 50% stake in Modelo, which also produces brands including Modelo Especial and Negra Modelo.
Crown Imports, a venture between Modelo and Constellation Brands distribute its brands in the US, the Mexican brewer's largest export market.
Given how many times the position of chief executive of Constellation Europe has changed hands recently, and the problems the company has faced in the crucial UK market, the more cynical observers mig...
Anheuser-Busch has taken on the distribution and marketing of BORBA's drinkable skincare line across the US and around the world....
Echo Falls has introduced two additions to its portfolio in the UK....
The chief legal officers from 29 states have united to condemn alcoholic energy drinks....
Crown Imports has promoted its vice president of national accounts to the position of senior vice president....
Anheuser-Busch has quashed rumours that it has plans to build a second brewery in India....
E&J Gallo has switched distributors in Sweden....
China's leading beer producer Tsingtao Brewery is planning to increase its production capacity by 1m tons by the end of 2007, according to local reports....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman's Q1 performance by region, brand
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Staying in the Mix: The Global Concentrates Market in 2016