MEXICO: Modelo targets exports with new brewery
Grupo Modelo is ploughing US$520m into a new brewery in the north of Mexico.
The company confirmed the investment yesterday (30 November), adding that it hopes to add 10m hectolitres to its annual production capacity when the brewery goes online in 2010.
The facility will be located in Piedras Negras, in the northern state of Coahuila. Finance for the construction will come from Modelo's own resources, company CEO Carlos Fernandez said.
"The growth we have seen in the national and international markets makes us believe we will need additional capacity by 2010," Fernandez added. "It will guarantee several years of production in terms of exports and national consumption."
Modelo, which is 50%-owned by brewing giant Anheuser-Busch, produces the top US import beer brand, Corona. Earlier this year, the company teamed up with Constellation Brands in the US to import and distribute its portfolio in the US. The joint venture, called Crown Imports, begins operations next month.
Budweiser has announced it will be renewing its partnership with The Premier League, the UK's top flight football league, with the renewed deal commencing 1st June 2007....
Grupo Modelo and Carlsberg have sealed a deal that will see the Mexican giant import and distribute the Danish brand in Mexico by the second half of the year....
Czech brewing company Budejovicky Budvar is considering plans to distribute Carlsberg beer in the Czech Republic....
Top executives at Anheuser-Busch were in bullish mood at the recent BUD Investor Conference held in St Louis, giving an optimistic outlook for the US brewing giant's future prospects, both in the US a...
Boston Beer Co. has started rolling out Samuel Adams beer from the brewery that previously made Rolling Rock....
Royal Grolsch stock has been downgraded, despite its continued success in the US....
Anheuser-Busch has stopped making its drink Spykes due to its "limited volume potential and unfounded criticism"....
Bibendum has appointed an addition to its board of directors....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends