MEXICO: Modelo Q3 sales and turnover healthy
Grupo Modelo has posted a rise in net sales in the third quarter. The Mexican brewer said late last week that net sales rose by 9.6% year-on-year to MXN11.31 bln (US$980m) as domestic sales increased by 4.4% and exports leapt by 18.3%.
While sales volumes to the US, Europe and Asia rose in the three-month period, the depreciation of the peso against the dollar also helped Modelo's exports.
Total beer sales volumes increased by 5.9% while domestic volume was up by 5.2%. Exports rose by 7.5% year-on-year, representing 29.3% of the total volume.
Turnover for the quarter was up by 16%, reaching US$290m.
For the first nine months of this year, beer sales were up by 2.3% on the corresponding period last year, hitting 32m hectolitres.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director