MEXICO: Modelo confirms annual dividend payment
Grupo Modelo has lined up its annual dividend payment for shareholders.
The Mexican company said earlier this week that it will pay out MXN6.76bn (US$615m). The payment equates to MXN2.08 per share.
The company said that payment would be made next Monday (30 April). The dividend is up two-thirds on 2005, and represents 78% of last year's net profit.
Modelo, which is 52%-owned by Anheuser-Busch, owns Corona, the largest imported beer brand in the US.
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Grupo Modelo has posted a marked lift in operating profits for the third quarter....
Carlsberg is set to take over the distribution of Modelo's Corona beer brand in Singapore and Malaysia from Asia Pacific Breweries....
Anheuser-Busch has blasted Greenpeace's recent claims that the brewer is using genetically-engineered (GE) rice in the US as retaliation against its decision not to boycott US farmers....
Talk of consolidation within the world's brewing industry moved up a gear today (9 October), with reports that SABMiller is in talks with Molson Coors....
The Czech government has moved Budejovicky Budvar a step nearer privatisation, according to local reports....
The United Breweries Group has declared it will not buy Mohan Meakin at its current price, according to reports....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK