UK: Moët revamp to target younger drinkers
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has re-invented the iconic packaging for Moët & Chandon Champagne as part of an innovation to attract younger consumers.
The new design, which was unveiled in the US during July, will hit the UK and all other markets later this month.
The French luxury goods group has said it wanted to maintain the "pedigree, vision, elegance and splendour" associated with the brand with the new design.
The packaging still features its trademark foil (coiffe) and distinctive black necktie (cravate), while the crown and stars have been reinforced as distinctive emblems of the brand, the company said.
Moët & Chandon UK brand director Caroline Warner said: "Great brands constantly innovate. Innovation keeps a brand fresh, keeps consumers intrigued and ensures that younger consumers are attracted to a brand.
"Moët is the favourite Champagne of 18-25 year olds and our average consumer is younger that those of other Champagnes. Our aim is to continue to be considered the most fabulous champagne of all and in order to ensure this, we must be inventive and creative with our communications."
The news that Yves Bénard is the front-runner for the top job at the INAO is good news for reformers in the French wine industry....
In her first monthly column for just-drinks, renowned spirits journalist Patience Gould looks ahead to what 2007 has in store for the major international spirits producers....
Robust Champagne sales boosted profits at French luxury powerhouse LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the company said yesterday (14 February)....
Yves Bénard, general director of the wine and champagne division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, has today (12 February) been appointed to lead the INAO (Institut National de l'Origine et de la q...
The Glenmorangie Company has appointed its first female distiller....
The general director of the wine and Champagne division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton looks to be the front runner to take charge of the Institut National de l'Origine et de la qualité....
Wine Evolution is taking place in Paris on 29-30 January and just-drinks is providing updates live from the event, which brings together the leading lights from the wine world to discuss matters at th...
Diageo has remained tight-lipped on continued speculation that it may pull out of its joint venture with LVMH....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research