Product Launch - INDIA: Moët Hennessy’s Chandon Brut, Chandon Brut Rosé
Click through to view an image of the wines
Moët Hennessy’s Chandon Brut, Chandon Brut Rosé
Category - Wine, sparkling, India, Nashik region, 13% and 12.5% abv
Available - Launched on 19 October
Location - Selected wine retailers, hotels, restaurants and bars in Mumbai initially. Then, launching in New Delhi next month and all other major cities across India through 2014.
Price – Chandon Brut INR1,200 (US$19.65), Chandon Brut Rosé INR1,400 per bottle
Distribution - Moët Hennessy India
Moët Hennessy’s India unit has launched its first two wines that have been produced in the country, specifically for the local market.
Chandon Brut (13% abv) is a sparkling wine made from Chenin Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes. Chandon Brut Rosé (12.5% abv) is a blend of Shiraz and Pinot Noir. The grapes used in both wines come from India's Nashik region.
Moët Hennessy has invested in a greenfield winery in Dindori, a sub-region of the Nashik district.
Mark Bedingham – Moët Hennessy's Asia-Pacific MD said: “A recent addition to the 'new world', Nashik is certainly the wine-making heartland of India and offers grape-growing conditions that are conducive to creating world-class sparkling wines. With the launch of Chandon, we aim to bring wine-making and the wine culture in India to new heights.”
The Future of the Wine Market in India to 2017
The report presents detailed data on the Wine consumption trends in India, providing historic and forecast consumption volume and value at market and category level, alcoholic strength (Fortified Wine...read more
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push