CHINA/FRANCE: Moët Hennessy lays out Chinese wine plan
Moët Hennessy LVMH to produce Chinese wine within three years
Moët Hennessy has said that it plans to produce premium sparkling wines in China within three years, after signing a joint-venture with local agriculture group Ningxia Nongken.
The wines and spirits arm of LVMH confirmed to just-drinks today (24 May) that the joint-venture will produce wines from 66 hectares of vineyards located in the Ningxia Hui region of north-west China.
Moët Hennessy will have a 60% controlling stake in the vineyards and Nongken the remaining 40%. However, the French group will be the sole owner of the associated winery, which is expected to turn out its first vintages in the next two to three years.
Targeted principally for the Chinese market, the wines will carry the Chandon brand name. The brand is currently applied to wines produced by Chandon Estates in California, Argentina, Brazil and Australia.
In 2007, Moët Hennessy secured majority control of a Chinese white spirits company, Wen Jun Distillery.
Diageo has kissed and made up with analysts after producing a solid set of full-year results and some pretty bullish guidance on years to come. Here, just-drinks takes you through the market reaction....
LVMH Moet Hennessy has teamed up with the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) to grant Moët & Chandon 'Official Champagne' status at the ATP World Tour....
Strong demand for Chamagne and Cognac has ensured that Moët Hennessy continued to increase sales in the third quarter of 2011....
Johnnie Walker has strengthened its position as the biggest-selling spirits brand in the travel retail channel, ahead of next week's TFWA exhibition in Cannes....
LVMH's Moët Hennessy arm has confirmed details of a change of MD at its Maison Ruinart Champagne house....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China