RUSSIA: Moët Hennessy enters JV
Moët Hennessy has strengthened its presence in Russia with the creation of a joint venture with its local distributor Whitehall.
Moët Hennessy, the wine and spirits arm of LVMH, has deepened its ties with Whitehall, which has handled Hennessy Cognac, as well as Dom Pérignon and Moët & Chandon Champagnes since 1994.
Whitehall president and CEO Dr Mark Kaoufman will head the venture, to be named Moët Hennessy Whitehall Rus.
"The joint venture will reinforce the position of already well-established Moët Hennessy brands and accelerate the development of brands such as Glenmorangie single malt and wines from the New World," Moët Hennessy told just-drinks today (10 July).
A tasting pitting the finest Bordeaux wines against their Californian counterparts confirmed what many in the wine world have known for years but some in Europe still choose to deny - that the New Wor...
US financial giant GE has reportedly been named as the backer for Yarraman Winery's pursuit of beleaguered wine group Evans & Tate....
Pernod Ricard has named a former Moët Hennessy executive as the man to lead the marketing of its spirits brands in the US....
Grover Vineyards, one of the three largest wine producers in India, is hoping to seal a marketing and distribution deal with the country's top wine importer, Brindco, by the end of the month....
The Evans & Tate board of directors has opted to take more time to mull over a takeover bid from US-listed Australian wine group Yarraman Winery. Evans & Tate's board met on Boxing Day (26 December) t...
Yarraman Winery CEO Wayne Rockall is hopeful an acquisition of Australian wine group Evans & Tate would be "the first of several" the US-listed company makes throughout New World wine territories. Roc...
The Evans & Tate board of directors will meet in the next week to consider a takeover bid from US-listed Australian wine group Yarraman Winery....
New Zealand wine producer Giesen Wines has invested NZ$3.5m (US$2.4m) on expanding its Blenheim winery and setting up a bottling plant in Christchurch....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends