UK: Mitchells & Butlers makes chairman appointment
Simon Burke has been appointed chairman of Mitchells & Butlers
UK pub group Mitchells & Butlers (M&B) has appointed the previous chairman of Majestic Wine as its non-executive chairman.
Simon Burke will take over from John Lovering, who announced his intention to step down from the role last month. No reason for Lovering's departure was given at the time.
Burke joined the M&B board in January last year as a non-executive deputy chairman. He stepped down as chairman of Majestic, a role he held since 2005, in August.
The appointment is effective immediately and plans are in progress to appoint additional non-executive directors to the board, the firm said.
"Simon has the experience and energy to take the company forward and I am delighted he has accepted this appointment," Lovering said. "I hand over confident that Mitchells & Butlers' strategy will be successfully implemented."
Presented earlier this month at the London International Wine Fair, here, for just-drinks members, is a bonus briefing for May, just-drinks' State of the UK Nation 2011 survey. Here's part one of four...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets