UK: Mitchells & Butlers makes chairman appointment
Simon Burke has been appointed chairman of Mitchells & Butlers
UK pub group Mitchells & Butlers (M&B) has appointed the previous chairman of Majestic Wine as its non-executive chairman.
Simon Burke will take over from John Lovering, who announced his intention to step down from the role last month. No reason for Lovering's departure was given at the time.
Burke joined the M&B board in January last year as a non-executive deputy chairman. He stepped down as chairman of Majestic, a role he held since 2005, in August.
The appointment is effective immediately and plans are in progress to appoint additional non-executive directors to the board, the firm said.
"Simon has the experience and energy to take the company forward and I am delighted he has accepted this appointment," Lovering said. "I hand over confident that Mitchells & Butlers' strategy will be successfully implemented."
Presented earlier this month at the London International Wine Fair, here, for just-drinks members, is a bonus briefing for May, just-drinks' State of the UK Nation 2011 survey. Here's part one of four...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research