UK: Mitchells & Butlers makes chairman appointment
Simon Burke has been appointed chairman of Mitchells & Butlers
UK pub group Mitchells & Butlers (M&B) has appointed the previous chairman of Majestic Wine as its non-executive chairman.
Simon Burke will take over from John Lovering, who announced his intention to step down from the role last month. No reason for Lovering's departure was given at the time.
Burke joined the M&B board in January last year as a non-executive deputy chairman. He stepped down as chairman of Majestic, a role he held since 2005, in August.
The appointment is effective immediately and plans are in progress to appoint additional non-executive directors to the board, the firm said.
"Simon has the experience and energy to take the company forward and I am delighted he has accepted this appointment," Lovering said. "I hand over confident that Mitchells & Butlers' strategy will be successfully implemented."
Presented earlier this month at the London International Wine Fair, here, for just-drinks members, is a bonus briefing for May, just-drinks' State of the UK Nation 2011 survey. Here's part one of four...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report