UK: Mitchells & Butlers makes chairman appointment
Simon Burke has been appointed chairman of Mitchells & Butlers
UK pub group Mitchells & Butlers (M&B) has appointed the previous chairman of Majestic Wine as its non-executive chairman.
Simon Burke will take over from John Lovering, who announced his intention to step down from the role last month. No reason for Lovering's departure was given at the time.
Burke joined the M&B board in January last year as a non-executive deputy chairman. He stepped down as chairman of Majestic, a role he held since 2005, in August.
The appointment is effective immediately and plans are in progress to appoint additional non-executive directors to the board, the firm said.
"Simon has the experience and energy to take the company forward and I am delighted he has accepted this appointment," Lovering said. "I hand over confident that Mitchells & Butlers' strategy will be successfully implemented."
Presented earlier this month at the London International Wine Fair, here, for just-drinks members, is a bonus briefing for May, just-drinks' State of the UK Nation 2011 survey. Here's part one of four...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets