UK: Mitchells & Butlers appoints chief executive
Mitchells & Butlers has been without a CEO since October last year
Mitchells & Butlers' year-long search for a CEO has ended after the UK restaurant and pub operator appointed former Marston's executive Alistair Darby.
Darby will replace Bob Ivell, who returns to his role as non-executive chairman after a short handover period, a Mitchells & Butlers (M&B) spokesperson told just-drinks today (10 September). Darby will start on October 8.
M&B has been without a CEO since Jeremy Blood stepped down as interim boss in October last year. He replaced Adam Fowle, who left “by mutual consent” in March last year. Ivell, previously a non-executive director, became non-executive chairman in May last year and executive chairman two months later.
Darby was CCO of Marston’s, where he had been on the board since February 2003. He has held roles with Mars Confectionery, Wolverhampton and Dudley Breweries and United Distillers.
In May, M&B saw H1 profits drop slightly. The company blamed inflationary and regulatory cost pressures.
In September last year, the company rejected a takeover bid from Piedmont Inc.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research