USA: Mistic Beverages Supports Music Industry's No. 1 Cause; Mistic Announces Sponsorship of T.J. Martell Inaugural Basketball Classic
Music and film industry executives and celebrities will hit the court for charity at the T.J. Martell Foundation's "B-Ball Classic" at Basketball City in New York on April 17th. Mistic will be at the center of the action, with the company's logo appearing on all official tournament game balls at the inaugural fundraiser. Between games, tournament participants will have the opportunity to sample Mistic's new herbally enhanced energy drinks, with recording artists Redman and Method Man pictured on the label. Sixteen teams - made up of various celebrities, WNBA players, and music industry insiders - will be competing in a round-robin tournament, as well as in three-point shoot-outs and free throw contests. Teams from Universal, Columbia, Atlantic, Epic and Loud Records appear on the tournament roster. "We're pretty pumped up about the T.J. Martell sponsorship," said Steve Jarmon, vice president, communications. "We're going to have a great time, for a great cause. I may even get out on the court and sink a few myself." The T.J. Martell Foundation was started in 1975 by Tony Martell to raise funds for leukemia, cancer and AIDS research after Mr. Martell's son died of leukemia that same year. More than $140 million have been raised through the T.J. Martell Foundation's various events, including galas, auctions, golf tournaments, and celebrity events, among others, for the groundbreaking research that has affected and saved innumerable lives. The Foundation has offices in New York, Los Angeles and Nashville - and others in development - and it also funds seven avant-garde research centers in the areas of leukemia, cancer and AIDS. In addition to ball logos and sampling, Mistic's sponsorship also includes event signage, program logos and placement on all tournament jerseys. The Triarc Beverage Group, a unit of Triarc Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRY), has a beverage brand portfolio that includes Mistic, Royal Crown, Snapple and Stewart's.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages