NEW ZEALAND: Ministerial talks over EU wine labeling
Changes to EU wine labeling legislation, due to come into force from next January and a cause of considerable concern among New World wine exporters, are to be discussed in talks to be held this weekend between NZ trade minister, Jim Sutton, and EU trade commissioner, Pascal Lamy. The changes have precipitated accusations from New Zealand wine producers, highly dependent on European markets particularly the UK and just completing a record 120,000-tonne harvest, that they will discriminate against wines imported from outside the EU and represent a de facto bar to trade. A number of non-EU wine-producing countries, including the US and Australia, have a lodged a complaint with the World Trade Organisation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Anheuser-Busch to cut 60 bottling jobs
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review