FRANCE: Mini-tornado hits Bordeaux vineyards
Close to 6,000 hectares of Bordeaux vineyards were cut down by hail or flattened by high winds last week as a mini-tornado ripped through south-west France.
250 vineyard staff spent Saturday repairing the damage but were only able to save around 150 hectares of vine plants in the Entre-deux-Mers vineyard, south-east of Bordeaux, probably the area hardest hit by the severe weather.
Some Côtes-de-Bordeaux, Graves and St-Emilions were also affected by the mini-tornado, which came after a sustained period of exceptionally dry and hot weather in the region.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages