FRANCE: Mini-tornado hits Bordeaux vineyards
Close to 6,000 hectares of Bordeaux vineyards were cut down by hail or flattened by high winds last week as a mini-tornado ripped through south-west France.
250 vineyard staff spent Saturday repairing the damage but were only able to save around 150 hectares of vine plants in the Entre-deux-Mers vineyard, south-east of Bordeaux, probably the area hardest hit by the severe weather.
Some Côtes-de-Bordeaux, Graves and St-Emilions were also affected by the mini-tornado, which came after a sustained period of exceptionally dry and hot weather in the region.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India