CZECH REPUBLIC: Mineral water market trebles in eight years
Production of mineral water in the Czech Republic has more than trebled to 706m litres during the last eight years, according to Jana Jezkova, chair of the Association of Mineral Waters. Jezkova said trends towards healthier eating and drinking were the prime catalyst behind the growth. There has also been strong growth in flavoured mineral waters according to the Czech Soft Drinks Producers' Association. In 2000, flavoured mineral waters accounted for 59% of the market, while natural mineral waters represented 40%, with curative waters accounting for the remaining 1%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends