UK: Millton Vineyards & Winery, Quartz Reef sign Bibendum deal
New Zealand producers Millton Vineyards & Winery and Quartz Reef are looking to grow their UK sales after signing a distribution deal with wine merchant Bibendum.
The agreement, which starts next month, will initially cover five Millton and four Quartz Reef labels, Bibendum said today (16 January). The deal will take Bibendum's New Zealand portfolio “to the next level”, it said.
The Millton Vineyard & Winery listings are: Opou Chardonnay; Riverpoint Viognier; Riverpoint Gewurztraminer; Te Arai Chenin Blanc; La Cote Pinot Noir. All are exclusively available to the on-trade and independent merchants.
Quartz Reef's sparkling wines Methode Traditionnelle Brut and Methode Tradtionnelle Rosé will be available to the on-trade and independent merchants. The Quartz Reef Pinot Noir is available to all channels and The Traveller Pinot Noir is exclusive to the off-trade.
In August, Bibendum appointed a new chairman after the retirement of long-standing incumbent Peter Espenhahn. Stephen Moss replaced Espenhahn, who had spent 14 years in the role.
Bibendum is the UK distributor for Treasury Wine Estates' Penfolds label in the UK after signing an agreement last year.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends