US: MillerCoors to lose 200 staff in restructure
MillerCoors says it has seen challenges in recent years
MillerCoors has announced a shake-up of its workforce which will include 200 workers leaving the group.
The Chicago-headquartered brewer, a JV between Molson Coors and SABMiller, said that, on top of the 200 employees affected, another 160 “open salaried positions” will be cut. In an announcement to employees, seen by just-drinks, CEO Tom Long said that the aim of the restructure is to “reduce costs, drive accountability, improve execution and increase speed to market”.
Long said: "Simply put, our fixed cost base is too high and our organisational structure is too complex."
He pointed to “challenges” over the past five years, which have seen the industry and MillerCoors lose “significant” volume, caused by the "rapid change" in the US beer industry.
“We’ve made solid progress navigating those challenges in the short-term, and now we need to better position our organisation and our brands for the future,” the memo added.
Long said the group will "revitalise flagship brands, capture Above Premium growth, simplify our Economy portfolio".
In August, MillerCoors reported a 4% drop in first-half net profits, off the back of flat sales and a 4% decline in volumes.
As we start our annual series of management briefings that focus on environmental sustainability, Ben Cooper looks at the importance of integrating the issue into all aspect of a company's operations ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
In the second part of this month's management briefing, which shines the light on the importance of environmental sustainability in the brewing industry, Ben Cooper considers the impact of stakeholder...
The penultimate part of this month's management briefing sees Ben Cooper continue his review of the environmental efforts of the larger brewers. Here, he looks at Heineken, Molson Coors and SABMiller....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts