US: MillerCoors to launch new strong beer, cider brands
Click through to view an image of Smith & Forge Hard Cider
MillerCoors has confirmed it will introduce a new strong beer and high abv hard cider in the US next year.
Miller Fortune, a "golden" lager will have an abv of 6.9% and compete with Anheuser-Busch InBev's 6% Bud Light Platinum, the trade publication AdAge first reported. It will be packaged in an all-black bottle with an embossed design.
MillerCoors, jointly-owned by SABMiller and Molson Coors, registered the trademark for Miller Fortune earlier this year.
Smith & Forge Hard Cider, with an abv of 6%, will target male drinkers, according to the report. MillerCoors has suggested there is a “massive unmet need” for ciders aimed at men.
A company spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (16 August) that the launches will happen in the "first half" of 2014.
Earlier this month, MillerCoors reported a drop in first-half sales and profits.
To read an exclusive just-drinks comment piece on the emerging cider opportunity in the US, click here
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research