US: MillerCoors to launch new strong beer, cider brands
Click through to view an image of Smith & Forge Hard Cider
MillerCoors has confirmed it will introduce a new strong beer and high abv hard cider in the US next year.
Miller Fortune, a "golden" lager will have an abv of 6.9% and compete with Anheuser-Busch InBev's 6% Bud Light Platinum, the trade publication AdAge first reported. It will be packaged in an all-black bottle with an embossed design.
MillerCoors, jointly-owned by SABMiller and Molson Coors, registered the trademark for Miller Fortune earlier this year.
Smith & Forge Hard Cider, with an abv of 6%, will target male drinkers, according to the report. MillerCoors has suggested there is a “massive unmet need” for ciders aimed at men.
A company spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (16 August) that the launches will happen in the "first half" of 2014.
Earlier this month, MillerCoors reported a drop in first-half sales and profits.
To read an exclusive just-drinks comment piece on the emerging cider opportunity in the US, click here
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research