US: MillerCoors to launch new strong beer, cider brands
Click through to view an image of Smith & Forge Hard Cider
MillerCoors has confirmed it will introduce a new strong beer and high abv hard cider in the US next year.
Miller Fortune, a "golden" lager will have an abv of 6.9% and compete with Anheuser-Busch InBev's 6% Bud Light Platinum, the trade publication AdAge first reported. It will be packaged in an all-black bottle with an embossed design.
MillerCoors, jointly-owned by SABMiller and Molson Coors, registered the trademark for Miller Fortune earlier this year.
Smith & Forge Hard Cider, with an abv of 6%, will target male drinkers, according to the report. MillerCoors has suggested there is a “massive unmet need” for ciders aimed at men.
A company spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (16 August) that the launches will happen in the "first half" of 2014.
Earlier this month, MillerCoors reported a drop in first-half sales and profits.
To read an exclusive just-drinks comment piece on the emerging cider opportunity in the US, click here
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Brewers of Europe recruits communications director
- US drives Cognac export turnaround - figures
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research