US: MillerCoors to launch new strong beer, cider brands
Click through to view an image of Smith & Forge Hard Cider
MillerCoors has confirmed it will introduce a new strong beer and high abv hard cider in the US next year.
Miller Fortune, a "golden" lager will have an abv of 6.9% and compete with Anheuser-Busch InBev's 6% Bud Light Platinum, the trade publication AdAge first reported. It will be packaged in an all-black bottle with an embossed design.
MillerCoors, jointly-owned by SABMiller and Molson Coors, registered the trademark for Miller Fortune earlier this year.
Smith & Forge Hard Cider, with an abv of 6%, will target male drinkers, according to the report. MillerCoors has suggested there is a “massive unmet need” for ciders aimed at men.
A company spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (16 August) that the launches will happen in the "first half" of 2014.
Earlier this month, MillerCoors reported a drop in first-half sales and profits.
To read an exclusive just-drinks comment piece on the emerging cider opportunity in the US, click here
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts