US: MillerCoors targets NASCAR with Miss Coors Light post
MillerCoors is targeting NASCAR with Miss Coors Light
MillerCoors has created the role of Miss Coors Light in the US to tap into the brand's status as the official beer of NASCAR.
The US joint-venture between SABMiller and Molson Coors said yesterday (9 September) that Rachel Rupert has been selected as the inaugural Miss Coors Light. Rupert will represent Coors Light at track and in race markets for this year's 'Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup' races and then return for the full 2011 NASCAR season.
She will also present the Coors Light Pole Award each week to the top NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series qualifiers and, beginning in 2011, will appear on Coors Light’s NASCAR-themed point-of-sale materials.
Rupert, pictured right, was chosen from more than 100 applicants based on “a variety of factors”, the firm said, including her passion for the sport.
She described herself as being “beyond excited” to be the first Miss Coors Light.
“I grew up going to races and watching NASCAR with my dad, so it truly is a lifelong dream come true to be a part of NASCAR and be the new face for Coors Light.”
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- US on-premise at "new normal" - research
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review