US: MillerCoors targets NASCAR with Miss Coors Light post
MillerCoors is targeting NASCAR with Miss Coors Light
MillerCoors has created the role of Miss Coors Light in the US to tap into the brand's status as the official beer of NASCAR.
The US joint-venture between SABMiller and Molson Coors said yesterday (9 September) that Rachel Rupert has been selected as the inaugural Miss Coors Light. Rupert will represent Coors Light at track and in race markets for this year's 'Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup' races and then return for the full 2011 NASCAR season.
She will also present the Coors Light Pole Award each week to the top NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR Nationwide Series qualifiers and, beginning in 2011, will appear on Coors Light’s NASCAR-themed point-of-sale materials.
Rupert, pictured right, was chosen from more than 100 applicants based on “a variety of factors”, the firm said, including her passion for the sport.
She described herself as being “beyond excited” to be the first Miss Coors Light.
“I grew up going to races and watching NASCAR with my dad, so it truly is a lifelong dream come true to be a part of NASCAR and be the new face for Coors Light.”
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020