US: MillerCoors takes the stage in Turner TV deal
MillerCoors has secured product placement rights on Turner Broadcasting channels, including inserting Miller Lite into Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's latest TV vehicle.
From this month, MillerCoors' brands will appear in original series on channels such as TBS and TNT, the company said yesterday (20 March). The brands will appear “wherever it makes sense to incorporate a beer - neons, barware, tap-handles and even trucks”, MillerCoors said.
Miller Lite and Miller 64 will show up on TNT competition series The Hero, featuring ex-wrestler Johnson and premièring in June.
“The new partnership with Turner is a perfect example of how MillerCoors is looking to work with networks and programs that are willing to go beyond the traditional advertising buy,” Jackie Woodward, MillerCoors vice president of marketing connections, said.
The partnership will last until the end of the year, MillerCoors said. No financial details have been disclosed.
In 2010, DonQ Rum entered into a corporate alliance with Universal Pictures that saw the Puerto Rican rum brand given first opportunity to participate in product placement in Universal films.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018