MillerCoors takes Miller Lite back to 1975 with "classic" rebranding
The redesign covers all Miller Lite packaging
MillerCoors is to return all of its Miller Lite branding to the beer's original 1975 “classic” design.
The company said the overhaul, which will even include Miller Lite delivery trucks, follows a successful launch of a limited-edition Original Lite Can in January. Consumer reaction was “positive” and MillerCoors, the US JV between Molson Coors and SABMiller, kept the cans in market and changed Miller Lite bottles in August, the company said.
"What we learned through this process was that our history means something special to consumers," said Miller Lite's senior marketing director, Ryan Reis.
The original design will also be used in Miller Lite's sports sponsorship, including the brand's NASCAR tie-up with Brad Keselowski. On-trade accounts will be given wooden tap handles, new "Lite On Tap" neons and other point-of-sale materials.
North America has been a difficult market of late for light beers. In February's 2013 FY results for MillerCoors, Coors Light sales fell by low-single digits, while Miller Lite saw a high-single digits sales drop.
However, after H1 results were released in August, Stifel analyst Mark Swartzberg said there were signs of improvement for Miller Lite.
The use of social media for marketing purposes by drinks industry companies can be segmented into four distinct campaign types, according to a new market research report from just-drinks....
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Skol is the most valuable brand in Latin America, according to BrandZ's Top 50 Most Valuable Latin American Brands. ...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends