Product Launch - US: MillerCoors' Smith & Forge Hard Cider
Click through to view MillerCoors' Smith & Forge Hard Cider
MillerCoors' Smith & Forge Hard Cider
Category - Cider, 6% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US
Price - Not specified
Distribution - MillerCoors
MillerCoors has confirmed the launch of Smith & Forge hard cider in the US. The Molson Coors/SABMiller JV said earlier today that the cider, initially announced last month, will roll out nation-wide this month.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for MillerCoors said: “Smith & Forge will be priced in line with other hard ciders in the market.”
The cider will be available in 16oz single-serve and 4-pack cans as well as 12-pack 12oz cans.
Launching nationally this month, Smith & Forge is a hard cider fermented in the tradition of days gone by. With a rich amber color, 6% alcohol by volume (ABV), a distinct, not-too-sweet taste and a fantastically crisp finish, Smith & Forge is built to refresh.
"There was a time when more hard cider was consumed in America than beer. Now hard cider is exploding again, but the sweetness of many current ciders can be a turn off to beer drinkers, and some of them are looking instead to spirits and crafts for variety," said David Kroll, MillerCoors vice president of insights and innovation. "Smith & Forge is a strong, just-sweet-enough hard cider that encourages guys to discover - or rediscover - the world of hard cider."
The Smith & Forge packaging features a black, bold orange, and antique white design and a distinctive blacksmith's hammer icon that delivers a timeless message of a past era - an homage to simpler times when toughness and hard work were celebrated values.
"Once upon a time, barrel-chested men proudly drank tankards of hard cider," continued Kroll. "Smith & Forge is honoring those times by bringing back the sturdy side of hard cider."
MillerCoors will support Smith & Forge with a national marketing campaign kicking off in March and includes multi-channel activations with media partners such as ESPN, Discovery Channel, Comedy Central, Thrillist and SB Nation.
Smith & Forge Hard Cider is available in 16-ounce single-serve and 4-pack cans as well as 12-pack 12-ounce cans.
Original source: Company Release
Molson Coors Brewing Company - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ser...
Synopsis Canadean's "SABMiller plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contai...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research