Product Launch - US: MillerCoors' Smith & Forge Hard Cider
Click through to view MillerCoors' Smith & Forge Hard Cider
MillerCoors' Smith & Forge Hard Cider
Category - Cider, 6% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US
Price - Not specified
Distribution - MillerCoors
MillerCoors has confirmed the launch of Smith & Forge hard cider in the US. The Molson Coors/SABMiller JV said earlier today that the cider, initially announced last month, will roll out nation-wide this month.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for MillerCoors said: “Smith & Forge will be priced in line with other hard ciders in the market.”
The cider will be available in 16oz single-serve and 4-pack cans as well as 12-pack 12oz cans.
Launching nationally this month, Smith & Forge is a hard cider fermented in the tradition of days gone by. With a rich amber color, 6% alcohol by volume (ABV), a distinct, not-too-sweet taste and a fantastically crisp finish, Smith & Forge is built to refresh.
"There was a time when more hard cider was consumed in America than beer. Now hard cider is exploding again, but the sweetness of many current ciders can be a turn off to beer drinkers, and some of them are looking instead to spirits and crafts for variety," said David Kroll, MillerCoors vice president of insights and innovation. "Smith & Forge is a strong, just-sweet-enough hard cider that encourages guys to discover - or rediscover - the world of hard cider."
The Smith & Forge packaging features a black, bold orange, and antique white design and a distinctive blacksmith's hammer icon that delivers a timeless message of a past era - an homage to simpler times when toughness and hard work were celebrated values.
"Once upon a time, barrel-chested men proudly drank tankards of hard cider," continued Kroll. "Smith & Forge is honoring those times by bringing back the sturdy side of hard cider."
MillerCoors will support Smith & Forge with a national marketing campaign kicking off in March and includes multi-channel activations with media partners such as ESPN, Discovery Channel, Comedy Central, Thrillist and SB Nation.
Smith & Forge Hard Cider is available in 16-ounce single-serve and 4-pack cans as well as 12-pack 12-ounce cans.
Original source: Company Release
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research