US: MillerCoors signs CONCACAF extension for Miller Lite deal
Miller Lite has sponsored the tournament since 2005
MillerCoors has extended its Miller Lite brand's partnership with the North and Central American and Caribbean football authorities.
Miller Lite will be the exclusive global beer sponsor of the Confederation of North, Central America and the Caribbean Association Football's (CONCACAF) Gold Cup tournament for the next two seasons, MillerCoors said. Miller Lite has sponsored the tournament since 2005, said the brewer, a JV between SABMiller and Molson Coors.
As part of the deal, Miller Lite will also be the exclusive US sponsor of the confederation's club team tournament, the CONCACAF Champions League, for the next two seasons, MillerCoors said.
No financial details have been disclosed.
SABMiller has opened a second brewery in Uganda as it seeks to relieve capacity pressures in the country....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts