US: MillerCoors reports "solid" FY as profits leap
- FY net profits jump by 18.6% to US$1.19bn
- Net sales in 2012 rise by 2.8% to $7.76bn
- Operating profits also climb, by 18.7% to $1.21bn
- "Positive pricing, favourable sales mix" credited for driving profits
MillerCoors posted healthy profits for 2012 earlier today
MillerCoors has seen out its full year with healthy profits on the back of a slight lift in sales.
The US JV between SABMiller and Molson Coors said earlier today (14 February) that its net profits in 2012 came in 18.6% up on 2011, hitting US$1.19bn. Net sales in the 12 months to the end of December were up by 2.8% to $7.76bn.
Operating profits also delivered strong growth, rising by 18.7% to $1.21bn.
In Q4, however, net profits fell by 12.2% year-on-year to $170.4m, while sales were flat, rising by 1.7% to $1.78bn. Operating profits in the last quarter fell back by 9.6% to $177.2m.
“Our portfolio transformation strategy is delivering solid results," said MillerCoors' CEO Tom Long today.
Coors Light, he added, "continued to show momentum" and the group "led craft share growth" as its Tenth and Blake division delivered "very strong results" through the brands Blue Moon and Leinenkugel’s.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Global Alcoholic Drinks industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The p...
Alcoholic Drinks in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 201...
Alcoholic Drinks in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch