US: MillerCoors reports "solid" FY as profits leap
- FY net profits jump by 18.6% to US$1.19bn
- Net sales in 2012 rise by 2.8% to $7.76bn
- Operating profits also climb, by 18.7% to $1.21bn
- "Positive pricing, favourable sales mix" credited for driving profits
MillerCoors posted healthy profits for 2012 earlier today
MillerCoors has seen out its full year with healthy profits on the back of a slight lift in sales.
The US JV between SABMiller and Molson Coors said earlier today (14 February) that its net profits in 2012 came in 18.6% up on 2011, hitting US$1.19bn. Net sales in the 12 months to the end of December were up by 2.8% to $7.76bn.
Operating profits also delivered strong growth, rising by 18.7% to $1.21bn.
In Q4, however, net profits fell by 12.2% year-on-year to $170.4m, while sales were flat, rising by 1.7% to $1.78bn. Operating profits in the last quarter fell back by 9.6% to $177.2m.
“Our portfolio transformation strategy is delivering solid results," said MillerCoors' CEO Tom Long today.
Coors Light, he added, "continued to show momentum" and the group "led craft share growth" as its Tenth and Blake division delivered "very strong results" through the brands Blue Moon and Leinenkugel’s.
To read the company's official statement, click here.
Premium beer in North America – forecasts to 2016
This second report in our series on premium beer concentrates on North America, currently the second largest premium beer market in the world and how this market specifically has faired. It examines h...read more
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Global Alcoholic Drinks industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The p...
Alcoholic Drinks in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 201...
Alcoholic Drinks in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The...
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD