US: MillerCoors pushes anti-drink/drive with TV ad
The Miller Lite ad will run throughout the World Cup
The company said earlier this week that the Miller Lite ad, entitled 'Brad's Plan', will encourage consumers to plan ahead for their return from a night out.
In the spot, a man drinking a Miller Lite with his friends approaches a woman in a bar. The camera then cuts to the two of them in her car, before pulling back to show that he – and his two friends - are being driven home by the woman.
The ad will debut on 23 June during the USA versus Algeria game on ESPN. It will then share Miller Lite's media weight on general market broadcasts throughout the World Cup with ads from the brand's current 'Taste Greatness' campaign.
Miller Lite will have in-game advertising on ABC, ESPN and ESPN2, as well as on ESPN3.com, where games will be streamed live. The buy, the amount of which was not disclosed, will focus on “marquee games” during pool play, including all USA matches, and continue through the quarter-finals, semi-finals and championship.
Miller Lite also will advertise in game rebroadcasts on ESPN Classic.
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of SABMiller's CEO, Graham Mackay, on the brewers performance in the six months to the end of September....
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China