Product Launch - US: MillerCoors' Miller Fortune
Click through to view an image of the product
MillerCoors' Miller Fortune
Category - Beer, lager, brewed with Cascade hops, 6.9% abv
Available - Launches today (10 February)
Location - US, nation-wide, off-trade and on-trade
Price - Varies by market
MillerCoors has launched a 6.9% abv golden lager aimed at stealing back share from the spirits category.
Miller Fortune, which launches in the US today (10 February), is a lager brewed with Cascade hops served in an all-black 12oz bottle. The packaging describes the brand as "spirited golden lager".
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks today (10 February), Ed McBrien, the brewer's sales president, said the brand is designed to "capture" millennial spirits drinkers. "Spirits has taken a share of stomach from the beer segment and it’s a space where we think we have the right to play," he said.
A national advertising campaign for the brand will launch on 3 March and will "feel more like spirits advertising", said McBrien.
The brewer, which first revealed news of Miller Fortune last August, is recommending bars serve the beer in a branded rocks glass.
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends