US: MillerCoors makes Hispanic commitment
MillerCoors has signed a five-year Economic Partnership Agreement with the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR), the brewer said today (29 June).
"Through this Agreement we will be able to use our collective power to achieve an important goal for both our organisations - to have Hispanics participating at greater levels in our business," said MillerCoors CEO Leo Keily.
Coors was a founding sponsor of HACR in 1986.
HACR represents a Hispanic population of around 50m in the US and Puerto Rico.
The unemployment rate in the Hispanic community was 10.7% in the first quarter of 2009, compared to a rate of 8.1% for the US as a whole, according to figures from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
What 2009 lacked in explosive headlines in the brewing category, it more than made up for in tactical manoeuvres for the future. Olly Wehring considers a year that was always going to struggle, in eve...
The soft drinks unit of SABMiller's South African operations has been hit by a strike....
MillerCoors, the US brewing venture of SABMiller and Molson Coors, has launched a number of initiatives in support of drunk driving prevention in the country....
Molson Coors (UK) and Bibendum have announced a trading deal that will see Bibendum products added to Molson's One Stop Shop Service in the UK....
Heineken UK has cut its growth estimate for sales of long alcoholic drinks aimed at women....
SABMiller is to further expand its African beer operations by building a malting plant in Uganda....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has begun selling Coors Light in Trinidad and Tobago....
UK alcohol charity Drinkaware has received a further GBP5m (US$8.1m) of funding from the drinks industry in a bid to continue tackling the issue of alcohol misuse....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research