US: MillerCoors makes Hispanic commitment
MillerCoors has signed a five-year Economic Partnership Agreement with the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility (HACR), the brewer said today (29 June).
"Through this Agreement we will be able to use our collective power to achieve an important goal for both our organisations - to have Hispanics participating at greater levels in our business," said MillerCoors CEO Leo Keily.
Coors was a founding sponsor of HACR in 1986.
HACR represents a Hispanic population of around 50m in the US and Puerto Rico.
The unemployment rate in the Hispanic community was 10.7% in the first quarter of 2009, compared to a rate of 8.1% for the US as a whole, according to figures from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
What 2009 lacked in explosive headlines in the brewing category, it more than made up for in tactical manoeuvres for the future. Olly Wehring considers a year that was always going to struggle, in eve...
The soft drinks unit of SABMiller's South African operations has been hit by a strike....
MillerCoors, the US brewing venture of SABMiller and Molson Coors, has launched a number of initiatives in support of drunk driving prevention in the country....
Molson Coors (UK) and Bibendum have announced a trading deal that will see Bibendum products added to Molson's One Stop Shop Service in the UK....
Heineken UK has cut its growth estimate for sales of long alcoholic drinks aimed at women....
SABMiller is to further expand its African beer operations by building a malting plant in Uganda....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has begun selling Coors Light in Trinidad and Tobago....
UK alcohol charity Drinkaware has received a further GBP5m (US$8.1m) of funding from the drinks industry in a bid to continue tackling the issue of alcohol misuse....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018