US: MillerCoors HQ could be on neutral territory
SABMiller has said that it is unlikely that the headquarters of its proposed US joint venture with Molson Coors will be in either Denver or Milwaukee, despite having "a significant presence in both" locations.
Molson Coors is based in Denver and Montreal, while SABMiller's Miller Brewing Co. is based in Milwaukee with SABMiller based in London, but Coors has recently said that "a neutral site would be important".
Speaking to just-drinks today (14 February), a spokesperson for SABMiller said: "At this stage, no decision has been made about the JV headquarters location and no cities have been ruled out. In fact, the selection process has not even begun since there are a number of steps that need to come first like determining which functions might be best located together in a central headquarters and which functions would operate effectively in existing locations."
In an interview with Rocky Mountain News yesterday, Molson Coors vice chairman Pete Coors was cited as saying: "If you pick one city over another, people in the other city will say, 'They're running the deal.' I don't think that's particularly healthy."
Molson Coors.and SABMiller unvieled the joint venture in the US in October. The deal is still awaiting regulatory approval.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Coca-Cola FEMSA has teamed up The Coca-Cola Company to acquire Agua Brisa from SABMiller's subsidiary in Colombia....
Molson Coors has posted a marked drop in profits for the first half of this year, as one-off charges made their presence felt....
SABMiller has appointed Tony van Kralingen as director of human resources and supply chain....
MillerCoors, the new US brewer formed by SABMiller and Molson Coors, has announced it is suspending a new range of Miller Lite beers following a disappointing trial....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Shares in SABMiller fell this morning (31 July) after the brewer said organic lager volumes dipped 1.6% in its first quarter....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts