US: MillerCoors gives Coors Light 'Two-Stage Cold' packaging revamp
MillerCoors has lined up a packaging innovation for the Coors Light brand in the US.
The company said yesterday (2 May) that the 'Two-Stage Cold Activation' packaging will roll out across the country from this month, backed by two television ads featuring rapper and actor Ice Cube. The ads, entitled 'Cold Talk' and 'Cold Challenge', will highlight the presence of two indicator bars on bottles and cans of Coors Light: The first indicator shows when the beer is cold, while the second shows when it is “Super Cold”, the firm said.
The two ads can be viewed below.
Coors Light is also hosting a concert by N.E.R.D. In Atlanta on 25 May. Tickets to the invitation-only event are being awarded through local radio prizing and retail promotions, although the concert will also be simulcast on the brand’s Facebook page and on Ustream.tv.
Also, around 3,500 beer retailers in the US will be “Super Cold Certified” this spring. The retailers will display a neon sign as evidence that the Coors Light in their store is “Super Cold”.
The second part of September's management briefing, which shines the spotlight on what the future holds for the drinks industry, MJ Deschamps looks at the rising importance of packaging to differentia...
Beers at or below 2.8%abv will begin to benefit from a tax break in the UK from the start of October, but how big is the opportunity?...
The UK & Ireland division of Molson Coors looks set to call time on its Carling lead sponsorship of The League Cup football tournament in England....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends