US: MillerCoors drops MGD 64 Lemonade - report
MillerCoors' MGD 64 Lemonade goes sour
MillerCoors has reportedly pulled its MGD 64 Lemonade from salein the US, earlier than expected, according to a report.
The SABMiller, Molson Coors joint-venture launched the 2.8% abv light beer in April. MGD 64 Lemonade was always intended to be a limited edition summer release, but its original withdrawal date of Labor Day 2011 (5 September) has been brought forward to now, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
The newspaper cited a company statement that conceded that "not every innovation will succeed".
MillerCoors' move was part of its attempt to reinvigorate sales of mainstream beer brands in the US, amid high unemployment.
Last week, SABMiller reported in its first-quarter trading update that MillerCoors' volume sales to retailers (STRs) dipped by 2.7% as a result of "a continued weak economic environment, ongoing high unemployment levels and subdued consumer spending affected by high fuel prices and poor weather".
Following on from part one of my interview with Diageo's Africa president, Nick Blazquez, which ran last week, this week we give you the second part, in which Blazquez gives us an idea of Diageo's fut...
SABMiller's announcement earlier today about changes to its African alliance with Castel Group is the next best thing for the UK-based brewer....
Kingway Brewery Holdings has voluntarily suspended trading on the Hong Kong stock exchange, pending an unspecified announcement....
Africa, Asia and Latin America have propelled SABMiller to a rise in beer sales in its fiscal third quarter, as Europe and North America remained troubled and the newly-acquired Foster's business lost...
SABMiller has slightly increased its stake in Tanzania Breweries after acquiring shares sold on the open market by its ex-business partner, Diageo....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts