US: MillerCoors agrees three-year FX Networks tie-up
MillerCoors has agreed a new deal with FX Networks
MillerCoors has signed a three-year deal to be the official beer sponsor of FX Networks, the cable TV unit of Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox.
The agreement, announced this week, means the brewer will have exclusivity on product placements on the network's channels, including FX, FXX and FXM. MillerCoors also has "first-look" rights for placements on any shows in development.
However, FX Networks will still be able to sell advertising space to other brewers, for shows where MillerCoors does not have a presence.
The new deal is a strengthening of MillerCoors' partnership with the network having previously had product placements on the shows 'Sons of Anarchy' and 'It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia'.
Michael Brochstein, FX Networks' advertising sales senior VP said the deal was “the most comprehensive advertising deal ever for the FX suite of channels”.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report